The following brownfield fact sheets provide a simple and visual introduction to brownfields, including:
- where they may be found;
- frequently reported contaminants and ways exposures may occur;
- common cleanup methods; and,
- future reuses of cleaned brownfields.
These fact sheets can support outreach and help community organizations and local leaders to identify, address, clean and safely reuse brownfields in ways that meet community needs and reduce environmental and public health threats from unrecognized contaminants and sites.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Environmental Contaminants Often Found at Brownfield Sites (PDF)(2 pp, 155 K, September 2019, EPA 560-F-19-007)
- Past Property Uses May Result in a Brownfield Site (PDF)(2 pp, 214 K, September 2019, EPA 560-F-19-006)
- Cleaning Up Brownfield Sites (PDF)(2 pp, 190 K, September 2019, EPA 560F19181)
- Reuse Possibilities for Brownfield Sites (PDF)(2 pp, 174 K, September 2019, EPA 560F19182)