Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBA)
What is a TBA?
EPA's Targeted Brownfields Assessment (TBA) program helps states, tribes, and municipalities minimize the uncertainties of contamination often associated with Brownfields. This program supplements other efforts under the Brownfields program to promote the cleanup and redevelopment of brownfields.
EPA's TBA assistance is available through two sources: directly from EPA through EPA regional Brownfields offices, and from state or tribal voluntary response program offices receiving funding. This assistance is authorized under Subtitles A and C of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act.
Regional Targeted Brownfields Assessment Programs
- Region 1 - (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- Region 2 - (New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands)
- Region 3 - (Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)
- Region 4 - (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)
- Region 5 - (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin)
- Region 6 - (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas)
- Region 7 - (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska)
- Region 8 - (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming)
- Region 9 - (American Samoa, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada)
- Region 10 - (Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington)