Types of EPA Brownfield Grant Funding
EPA Brownfield Grant Funding Summary
EPA's Brownfields Program provides direct funding for brownfields assessment, cleanup, revolving loans, environmental job training, technical assistance, training, and research. To facilitate the leveraging of public resources, EPA's Brownfields Program collaborates with other EPA programs, other federal partners, and state agencies to identify and make available resources that can be used for brownfield activities.
- Assessment Grants provide funding for brownfield inventories, planning, environmental assessments, and community outreach.
- Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Grants provide funding to capitalize loans that are used to clean up brownfield sites.
- Cleanup Grants provide funding to carry out cleanup activities at brownfield sites owned by the applicant.
- Multipurpose (MP) Grants provide funding to conduct a range of eligible assessment and cleanup activities at one or more brownfield sites in a target area.
- Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training (EWDJT) Grants provide environmental training for residents impacted by brownfield sites in their communities.
- State and Tribal Response Program Grants provide non-competitive funding to establish or enhance State and Tribal Brownfields response programs.