Environmental Justice and Civil Rights for CAA Permits in Region 8
Region 8 considers environmental justice and civil rights in the permitting process for Clean Air Act permits, including PSD, NSR and Title V, for facilities on 28 Tribal Nations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
When EPA undertakes a permitting action under the Clean Air Act, we will consider the needs of people of color, low-income populations and indigenous peoples — those most impacted by environmental and public-health concerns — and provide opportunity for these populations to have a voice in shaping our final permitting action.
What is Environmental Justice and Civil Rights?
- EPA Policy on Environmental Justice for Tribes and Indigenous Peoples
Principles for Addressing Environmental Justice Concerns in Air Permitting
- Environmental Justice and Civil Rights in Permitting Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal Register Notice: EPA Activities To Promote Environmental Justice in the Permit Application Process
- EPA Region 8 Regional Implementation Plan to Promote Meaningful Engagement of Overburdened Communities in Permitting Activities
Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool
Working with Communities
Map of Region 8
Region 8 CAA Permitting Focus
National Supporting Resources
- CAA Permitting Home
- New Source Review (NSR) Program
- Title V Program
- Tribal Permit Program
- Outer Continental Shelf Permit Program
- CAA Permitting Tools & Related Resources
- Air Permitting Terms
- Where You Live