Environmental Justice for CAA Permits in Region 5
Region 5 considers environmental justice in the permitting process for PSD and Tribal NSR Permits for facilities on 35 Tribal Nations in Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
When EPA undertakes a permitting action under the Clean Air Act we will consider the needs of minority populations, low-income populations and indigenous peoples — those most impacted by environmental and public-health concerns — and provide opportunity for these populations to have a voice in shaping EPA’s final permitting action.What is Environmental Justice?
- Considering Environmental Justice During the Development of Regulatory Actions
- Policy on Environmental Justice for Working with Federally Recognized Tribes and Indigenous People
- Plan EJ 2014 - Considering Environmental Justice in Permitting
- EPA Activities To Promote Environmental Justice in the Permit Application ProcessExit
- EPA Region 5 Regional Implementation Plan to Promote Meaningful Engagement of Overburdened Communities in Permitting Activities
- Frequently Asked Questions