Environmental Justice for CAA Permits in Region 8
Region 8 considers environmental justice in the permitting process for PSD and Tribal NSR permits for facilities on 27 Tribal Nations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
When EPA undertakes a permitting action under the Clean Air Act, we will consider the needs of minority populations, low-income populations and indigenous peoples — those most impacted by environmental and public-health concerns — and provide opportunity for these populations to have a voice in shaping our final permitting action.
What is Environmental Justice?
Working with Communities
- EPA Policy on Environmental Justice for Tribes and Indigenous Peoples
- Considering Environmental Justice in Permitting
- Federal Register Notice: EPA Activities To Promote Environmental Justice in the Permit Application Process
- EPA Region 8 Regional Implementation Plan to Promote Meaningful Engagement of Overburdened Communities in Permitting Activities
Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool
National Supporting Resources
- CAA Permitting Home
- New Source Review (NSR) Program
- Title V Program
- Tribal Permit Program
- Outer Continental Shelf Permit Program
- CAA Permitting Tools & Related Resources
- Air Permitting Terms
- Where You Live