EPA's National Agenda to Protect Children's Health from Environmental Threats
- Ensure that all standards set by EPA are protective of any heightened risks faced by children.
- Develop a scientific research strategy focused on the gaps in knowledge regarding child-specific susceptibility and exposure to environmental pollutants.
- Develop new, comprehensive policies to address cumulative and simultaneous exposures faced by children.
- Expand community right-to-know allowing families to make informed choices concerning environmental exposures to their children.
- Encourage parental responsibility for protecting their children from environmental health threats by providing them with basic information.
- Encourage and expand educational efforts with health care providers and environmental professionals so they can identify, prevent, and reduce environmental health threats to children.
- Provide the necessary funding to address children's environmental health as a top priority among relative health risks.