Benefits of CHP Partnership
Partners have exclusive access to the following benefits.
Expert Advice and Answers to Questions
Partners can contact us at email@example.com or (703) 373-8108 to ask questions or receive one-on-one tailored assistance. Some of the areas where we can offer information and assistance include:
- Understanding CHP basics and benefits
- Choosing CHP technologies
- Advice on the CHP project development process
- Determining favorable policies and incentives available in a given state or for a specific CHP project
- Using the CHP Screening Tool(3 MB) for a specific facility
- Using the CHP Energy and Emissions Savings Calculator for a specific CHP project
- Incorporating CHP systems into LEED® projects
The EPA CHP team tracks topical CHP news, opportunities, and events, and sends emails to Partners and other stakeholders. Some information is exclusively sent to Partners such as timely CHP funding opportunities and a monthly summary of updates or additions made to dCHPP (CHP Policies and incentives database).
As a Partner, your organization can:
- Nominate CHP projects for the Energy Star CHP Award
- Receive an EPA Letter of Support that documents the anticipated avoided air pollutant emissions of a specific CHP system
- Be invited to speak in CHP Partnership webinars and meetings
- Request that EPA publicize your organization's events
Publicity and Recognition
We provide a number of publicity and recognition opportunities for our Partners, including:
- The Energy Star CHP Award, presented to operators of highly-efficient CHP systems, recognizes the contributions of Partners to those systems.
- Partner profiles on our website, including links to your organization's CHP-related Web page, videos, and case studies that highlight your company services, products, and CHP successes.
- Use of the CHP Partnership logo, in accordance with EPA guidelines, on your website and other materials to highlight your partnership with EPA.
- An annual Combined Heat and Power Certificate that shows the carbon reductions associated with all of the operational CHP projects that you report to us as an EPA CHP Partner (provided on request). You can use this certificate to promote the environmental benefits of your work to external stakeholders, or to publicize the benefits of your work in annual reports or corporate environmental sustainability reports.
Association with EPA through a Demonstrated Commitment to CHP
Partnering with EPA demonstrates your organization's commitment to CHP and understanding of CHP's environmental, economic, and reliability benefits. As a Partner, you are a part of a coalition of private and public partners working to expand CHP use.