Additional Resources for Citizen Science - Environmental Protection
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- MyEnvironment: Gathers data from EPA and other resources by your area code – includes MyWater, MyAir, MyHealth, MyEnergy and MyCommunity
- Green Apps: Over 290 apps to help you understand and protect the environment
- Grants.gov: An overview of the process to apply for federal grants
- National Environmental Methods Index (NEMI): Searchable collection of environmental analysis methods
Recent Workshops and Webinars
- Community Air Monitoring Training - July 9, 2015
- Protecting the Anacostia Watershed – A Workshop on Water Quality Standards
- Air Sensor Science and Education: Slideshow on empowering students, citizen scientists, and communities using air sensor science
- EPA Basic Air Information Page: Introduction to air pollution
- EPA Hazardous Air Pollutants Page: Basic introduction to hazardous air pollutants
- EPA Quality Assurance Guidance Documents for Air Monitoring
- AirNow: Provides the public with easy access to national air quality information
- EPA Headquarters Water Page: Information on everything water
- EPA Watershed Academy: Training and information on implementing watershed approaches
- Biological Water Quality Criteria Page: Information about the health of aquatic ecosystems
- National Estuary Program: A network of voluntary community-based programs that safeguard the health of coastal ecosystems
- Volunteer Wetland Monitoring: An Introduction and Resource Guide: Introduction to volunteer wetland monitoring, including handbooks and manuals
- National Water Quality Monitoring Council: A forum to improve the Nation's water quality through partnerships and increased understanding and stewardship
- EPA Regional Equipment Loan Programs: Lending programs assist communities with citizen science monitoring projects. Currently, programs operate in US EPA Region 1 and Region 2 for water monitoring only. Please contact us for more information.
- Brownfields and Urban Agriculture: Interim Guidelines for Safe Gardening Practices (PDF): Outlining the range of issues to be addressed to safely grow food on former Brownfields sites.
- EPA's Quality System for Environmental Data and Technology: Ensuring that environmental data are of sufficient quantity and quality to support the data's intended use. The system also applies to grantees, and other recipients of financial assistance from EPA
- Quality Assurance Project Plan template for Citizen Science Projects (PDF)(24 pp, 211 K)