EPA to offer rebates in addition to grants to reduce harmful emissions from older, dirtier diesel vehicles. The rebate program has funded vehicle replacements or retrofits for almost 2,000 vehicles to date. Typically, the rebate application period opens in the fall and projects are completed in less than one year.
*** Important instructions for using the School Bus Rebate Application ***
- Right click on "2019 DERA School Bus Rebate Application (PDF)" below and select "Save link as" (or “Save target as”) to save the PDF to your desktop
- Open the application PDF from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Email your signed rebate application, along with a scanned copy of each vehicle’s title and registration, to: CleanDieselRebate@epa.gov.
2018 Rebate Documents
- 2018 DERA School Bus Rebate Program Guide (PDF) (27 pp, 1.69 MB, EPA-420-B-18-044, October 2018)
2019 Rebate Documents
- 2019 DERA School Bus Rebate Program Guide (PDF) (29 pp, 2.27 MB, EPA-420-B-19-050, September 2019)
- 2019 DERA School Bus Rebate Application - Closed (PDF)(3 pp, 239 K, October 2019)
- 2019 DERA School Bus Rebates Program FAQs (PDF)(7 pp, 173 K, October 2019)
- 2019 DERA School Bus Rebates Webinar (PDF)(29 pp, 1 MB, October 7, 2019)