Diesel Emissions Quantifier (DEQ)
The Diesel Emissions Quantifier (DEQ)
- Provides an interactive, web-based tool for users with little or no modeling experience.
- Evaluates clean diesel projects and upgrade options for medium-heavy and heavy-heavy duty diesel engines.
- Estimates baseline emissions, reduced emissions, cost effectiveness for NOx, PM2.5, HC, CO and CO2, and PM-related health benefits.
- Cannot provide estimates for Category 3 marine engines.
- May not be used for State Implementation Plans (SIPs) and Conformity. Consult your EPA Regional Office or SIP and Conformity guidance documents.
Phone: 877-623-2322 Email: cleandiesel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- DEQ Version 7 Release Notes (PDF)(5 pp, 200 K, July 28, 2017)
- Truck Stop Electrification Facility: Emission Reduction Calculation (PDF)(1 pg, 121 K, June 5, 2017)
- Hybrid Engine or Vehicle: Emission Reduction Calculation (PDF)(1 pg, 78 K, June 5, 2017)
- Trailer Refrigeration Unit: Emission Reduction Calculation (PDF)(1 pg, 100K, June 5, 2017)
- Diesel Emissions Quantifier Default Values (PDF)(2 pp, 200 K, April 2017)
- Diesel Emissions Quantifier (DEQ) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF)(22 pp, 900 K, April 5, 2013, EPA-420-F-13-008a)
This document will be updated when the 2017 releases are completed.
- Locomotive Idling Guidance
- Shore Power Technology Assessment at U.S. Ports
- Diesel Emissions Quantifier Health Benefits Methodology (PDF)(46 pp, 1 MB, August 11, 2010, EPA-420-B-10-034)