Climate Leadership Awards Application Process, Eligibility, and Evaluation Criteria
The Agency has decided to discontinue the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) involvement with the 2018 Climate Leadership Awards program. This includes canceling the 2018 Climate Leadership Awards as well as EPA’s sponsorship of the Climate Leadership Conference.
Eligibility for 2018 Awards
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Finalists needed to pass an EPA compliance screen in order to be selected.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2015 and September 26, 2017 and must be currently active.
- Goal Achievers, however, have one additional year to demonstrate an achieved GHG reduction goal. For the Goal Achievement category, leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2014 and September 26, 2017.
- The application period opened on June 29, 2017 and will close on September 26, 2017. Application forms are available on the corresponding category web pages for each category. Applicants are required to fill out the form specific to the awards category and submit it with the required supplemental information to email@example.com. Applicants are requested to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below.
Evaluation Criteria and Applications
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category. Please select from the following to learn more:
- Organizational Leadership Award
- Individual Leadership Award
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
Applications are reviewed by EPA, C2ES, and TCR in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. EPA submits all applicants to a compliance review to ensure they are in good standing with EPA. Award recipients will be recognized at the Climate Leadership Awards Dinner, held in conjunction with the seventh annual Climate Leadership Conference in the Spring - details forthcoming.