Ports Primer: 5.0 Land Use and Transportation
5.1 Goods Movement and Transportation Planning
The Goods Movement and Transportation Planning section includes the following topics.
- Transportation Planning and Coordination
- Goods Movement and Supply Chains
- Local Transportation Regulations
- Example Truck Route Scenario: Challenges
- Example Truck Route Scenario: Solutions
- The Role of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
5.2 Land Use
The Land Use section includes the following topics.
- Land Use Regulations
- Port Expansion Alternatives
- Strategies for Alleviating Other Port-Related Impacts
- Potential Health Impacts
5.3 Potential Community Interests
The Potential Community Interests section includes the following topics.
- Light and Noise Nuisances
- Potential Health Impacts from Air Emissions
- Environmental Justice and Air Emissions
5.4 Case Studies: Land Use and Transportation
The Case Studies: Land Use and Transportation section includes the following topics.
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission: Diesel Retrofit Projects
- Galena Park: Air Pollution and Public Health Study
- San Francisco Bay Area: Advocating for Healthy Land Use Siting Practices
- Vuosaari Harbor: Land Use Planning