Frequent Questions Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How can members of my household use disinfectants properly to control COVID-19 if a family member is asthmatic or has other chronic respiratory disease?
Is EPA providing any flexibility with respect to submission of assistance agreement forms/documents that traditionally have required wet ink signatures?
May EPA waive prior approval requirements specified at 2 CFR 200.407 if a waiver is necessary to address COVID-19 related concerns?
Can the Office of Grants and Debarment (OGD) provide exceptions on a case by case basis if a recipient believes a regulatory exception is necessary due to the impacts of COVID19?
Will running an evaporative cooler (sometimes known as a "swamp cooler") or whole-house fan help protect me and my family from COVID-19?
Is ventilation important for indoor air quality when cleaning and/or sanitizing for COVID-19 indoors?
Questions from State, Local and Tribal Leaders
For federally required licenses and certifications will there be temporary waivers of continuing education or other conditions of certification that would be difficult or impossible to meet due to social distancing?
Will there be flexibility regarding inspection requirements under EPA grants to states, tribes or local governments such as those relating to RCRA large quantity generators, 3-year periodic inspection of USTs, and similar inspection requirements incorporated into the terms of EPA grants?
Will there be flexibility with regard to public notice requirements for permits, etc.? (Par ex. Public meetings prohibited; libraries closed)
Wastewater and Septic Systems
Has EPA developed guidance to help ensure public participation in the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) approval process when in-person meetings are not possible?
Has EPA developed guidance to help ensure public participation when in-person meetings for the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) program are not possible?
Will there be flexibility with regard to public meetings as part of the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) approval process since public meetings are prohibited in a lot of states due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency?
Will there be flexibility with regard to public involvement requirements for Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) permits since public meetings are prohibited in a lot of states due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency?
Federal Resources Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Biden-Harris Plan to Beat COVID-19: Review details of the Biden-Harris plan to beat COVID-19 and download The National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness.
- Coronavirus.gov: Public information provided by the U.S. government related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current public health and safety information on COVID-19.
- CDC Easy to Read COVID-19 Safety Information: Easy to read information about COVID-19 prevention, testing, and treatment.
- USA.gov Coronavirus: What the U.S. government is doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). View en español.
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions: Interagency website, organized by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, for definitive information on the public’s most frequently asked questions.
- FEMA Rumor Control: A resource helping the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.