Frequent Questions Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Do disinfectants kill newer variants of coronavirus?
- Can I use common household substances to kill the novel coronavirus?
- Can I use fogging, fumigation, or electrostatic spraying or drones to help control COVID-19?
- Is there anything I can do to make surfaces resistant to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)?
- I need to disinfect a public space like a store or school. What do I need to know?
Is EPA providing any flexibility with respect to submission of assistance agreement forms/documents that traditionally have required wet ink signatures?
- Can the Office of Grants and Debarment (OGD) provide exceptions on a case by case basis if a recipient believes a regulatory exception is necessary due to the impacts of COVID19?
What documentation does EPA require for resumption of non-competitive awards?
- May EPA waive prior approval requirements specified at 2 CFR 200.407 if a waiver is necessary to address COVID-19 related concerns?
- Are flexibilities that EPA approved prior to OMB rescinding M-20-17, M-20-20, or M-20-26 withdrawn?
- Where can professionals who manage school, office, and commercial buildings get information on ventilation and filtration to respond to COVID-19?
- Will an Ozone Generator protect me and my family from COVID-19?
- Is there HVAC guidance that building and maintenance professionals can follow to help protect from COVID-19?
- How can I increase ventilation at home to help protect my family from COVID-19?
- Can air cleaning devices that use bipolar ionization, including portable air cleaners and in-duct air cleaners used in HVAC systems, protect me from COVID-19?
Questions from State, Local and Tribal Leaders
- Will there be flexibility regarding inspection requirements under EPA grants to states, tribes or local governments such as those relating to RCRA large quantity generators, 3-year periodic inspection of USTs, and similar inspection requirements incorporated into the terms of EPA grants?
- For federally required licenses and certifications will there be temporary waivers of continuing education or other conditions of certification that would be difficult or impossible to meet due to social distancing?
- Will there be flexibility or relief for the regulated community for required sampling and monitoring? (Par ex. stack testing, daily hazardous waste tank inspections, many other examples) Some report lack of appropriate staff or materials to perform sampling.
- Can states expect any regulatory relief or flexibility if they temporarily suspend certain inspections, monitoring, and reporting requirements such as vehicle emissions testing programs or certain air quality monitoring reports under the Clean Air Act?
- Will there be any flexibility for permit renewal applications and continuation of expiring permits?
Wastewater and Septic Systems
- Will there be flexibility with regard to public meetings as part of the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) approval process since public meetings are prohibited in a lot of states due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency?
- Will there be flexibility with regard to public involvement requirements for Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) permits since public meetings are prohibited in a lot of states due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency?
- Has EPA developed guidance to help ensure public participation when in-person meetings for the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) program are not possible?
- Has EPA developed guidance to help ensure public participation in the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) approval process when in-person meetings are not possible?
- What requirements would apply to export or import of wastes associated with the novel Coronavirus or Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
- The Biden-Harris Plan to Beat COVID-19: Review details of the Biden-Harris plan to beat COVID-19 and download The National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness.
- Coronavirus.gov: Public information provided by the U.S. government related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current public health and safety information on COVID-19.
- CDC Easy to Read COVID-19 Safety Information: Easy to read information about COVID-19 prevention, testing, and treatment.
- USA.gov Coronavirus: What the U.S. government is doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). View en español.
- FEMA Rumor Control: A resource helping the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.