The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to promote voluntary efforts to reduce children's lead exposure while at school with:
- Several federal agencies,
- State drinking water programs, and
- Drinking water associations that represent public water systems (PWSs).
- Assisting Schools and Child Care Facilities in Addressing Lead in Drinking Water (PDF)Exit (51 pp, 1000 K, About PDF) American Water Works Association, 2005
- Fact Sheet Memorandum of Understanding on Reducing Lead Levels in Drinking Water in Schools and Child Care Facilities (PDF)(3 pp, 8500 K, About PDF) EPA 816-F-05-015, June 2005