Monthly Update: The Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System (e-Manifest)
November 2017 Update
Every month, EPA publishes updated information on progress made toward the development of the e-Manifest system. The most current update is posted below. To keep up-to-date with information as EPA releases it, subscribe to our ListServ or check this page each month.
On this page:
- e-Manifest User Fee Rule
- e-Manifest Implementation
- e-Manifest Stakeholder Workshops
- e-Manifest Stakeholder Meetings
- e-Manifest System Development
- e-Manifest Communications
EPA anticipates completing the e-Manifest User Fee Final Rule in December 2017. The draft rule is currently with the Office of Management and Budget undergoing interagency review in accordance with Executive Order 12866.
The EPA Regional e-Manifest Work Group met in November to discuss procedures for ID assignment and user account activation in the e-Manifest system for receiving facilities that currently collect state-only regulated wastes. These facilities will have new obligations under the federal e-Manifest program, which include registering and obtaining an account in the e-Manifest system, submitting manifests to the system, and incurring user fees for those submissions.
The EPA e-Manifest Team conducted two e-Manifest Application Programing Interface (API) Workshops at the Environmental Protection Agency building in Arlington, VA. Workshop I was a half-day workshop held on November 13, 2017, and Workshop II was a full-day workshop held on November 30, 2017. Both workshops had a large number of in-person and online participants consisting of various industry stakeholders. Both workshops, provided an opportunity for interested companies to learn how to successfully integrate their hazardous waste electronic systems with EPA’s e-Manifest system when it launches in June 2018.
On November 30, EPA conducted a Regional Roadshow training at the Region 10 all-states meeting to prepare Region 10 and the states within that region (i.e., AK, ID, OR, and WA) for the arrival of e-Manifest in June 2018.
EPA anticipates completing e-Manifest Release 2.0 in January 2018. This version will also incorporate input from extensive user testing of the system. Key features of Release 2.0 include the capability to:
• Save and search for manifests
• Evaluate electronic signature options
• Integrate with Pay.gov for billing/invoicing services
• Work with state users to develop and enhance web application functionality
• Incorporate additional changes and enhancements based on user feedback and needs
The EPA e-Manifest team recently released a “Save API” feature on its production environment.
For more information about this release and to participate in our user testing and to provide us feedback, please visit our Github site.Exit
For more information about e-Manifest:
- Submit input/questions to eManifest@epa.gov
- Subscribe to the general interest e-Manifest ListServ send a blank message to: eManifestemail@example.com.
- Subscribe to the development-focused e-Manifest ListServ, send a blank email to: e-ManifestDevfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit EPA’s e-Manifest Program webpage
- Track the progress of e-Manifest at the e-Manifest github website.Exit