Countdown to Earth Day
Follow along as EPA celebrates Earth Day by sharing actions, information, and updates about how YOU can celebrate Earth Day. Learn more about how EPA protects the environment and builds a brighter, healthier future for all.
Countdown to Earth Day with EPA!
How many days until Earth Day?
Earth Day is April 22.
It’s no coincidence EPA and Earth Day were founded in the same year — because it’s our job to protect the planet and people’s health. Join us in celebrating our shared home today!
- Show your colors! Download the Earth Day Coloring Sheet (pdf) .
- Use the hashtag #EarthWeek or #EarthDay on social media to share what you’re doing to celebrate our Earth today!
- Learn about the history of Earth Day and the EPA.
- Discover environmental education resources for teachers and students.
- Read Administrator Regan's 2022 Earth Day message to EPA employees.
- Read President Biden's Proclamation on Earth Day, 2022.
We’re 1 day away from Earth Day! Use the hashtag #EarthWeek or #EarthDay to share with us what you’re doing to celebrate our Earth tomorrow and every day!
Only 2 days until Earth Day! We're passionate about our planet and we know you are too. Here are two ways you can work with us to support our mission.
1. Make your voice heard
Participate in public comment periods and report violations.
For something more hands-on, citizen science is a great way to get involved.
2. Making a difference starts with you!
If you’re interested in protecting the environment and the health of all Americans, we want you on our team! Careers in communications, STEM, law enforcement – we have it all.
Small actions can have a big impact! With only 3 days until Earth Day, here are three ways anyone can practice greener living:
1. Recycle responsibly - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
By using less, repurposing items, and properly recycling, you can save money, energy, and natural resources.
- Visit EPA's recycling site for frequent questions.
- Check out the iWARM tool to see how much energy you save by recycling.
2. Choose greener products
Have you seen our green products consumer guide? Learn how to make safer, greener and money saving choices with Ecolabel Programs like Water Sense, EnergyStar, and Safer Choice.
Going green isn’t just for individuals! Businesses, sports teams, schools, communities – we have resources on making green choices for you too.
3. Use green transportation
What you drive, how you drive, and what fuel you use can impact both the environment and your pocketbook. Our Green Vehicle Guide has fast facts and fun “What if?” scenarios to get you as excited about cleaner transportation as we are!
We know it’s important to lead by example! Learn more about how EPA works to be an environmentally-friendly and energy-conscious agency.
1. Reducing Emissions and Air Pollution
To tackle the climate crisis and improve air quality, we proposed new rules this year to reduce emissions from cars and trucks.
- Learn about Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Regulations and Standards.
- Read the news release, "EPA Proposes Stronger Standards for Heavy-Duty Vehicles to Promote Clean Air, Protect Communities, and Support Transition to Zero-Emissions Future."
2. Delivering Environmental Justice
EPA Administrator Regan began his Journey To Justice tour and directed the team at EPA to embed environmental justice into every aspect of our work across the agency – from regulatory to permitting to enforcement.
3. Ensuring Clean Drinking Water for All
With the historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funding, EPA will replace lead pipes in communities across the country and upgrade our wastewater and stormwater infrastructure to withstand climate impacts.
- Learn about water infrastructure investments made possible through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
4. Advancing a Clean Energy Future
EPA will invest $5 billion over the next five years to replace diesel school buses with low and zero-emission models. We’re striving for cleaner, healthier futures for students across America.