The Children's Health Merit Award is awarded to an individual or group that has demonstrated significant progress, contribution, leadership toward protecting children from environmental health risks in schools, homes, childcare environments, or other places where children live, learn and play in New England including: advancement to increase awareness of children's unique vulnerabilities to pollutants and other environmental hazards through research, education, outreach or capacity-building; development of activities or programs that have produced tangible reduction in risk to children from environmental health hazards.
Children's Health Merit Award Criteria: (Total 65 pts)
- EPA's mission is to protect human health and the environment. Please explain how your work connects to the 2018-2022 strategic plan and EPA's environmental statutes. (35 pts)
- Measurable, sustainable and lasting public health or environmental results (15 pts)
- Ability of the program/activity to be replicated or widely shared (10 pts)
- Promotion of innovative ideas or approaches (5 pts)
You must identify which priority your application addresses:
___ Improve Air Quality ___ Provide Clean and Safe Water ___ Prevent/remediate contamination to our land, air or water
___ Ensure Safety of Chemicals ___ Encourage Recycling & Reduction of Solid Waste
Accepting 2019 EMA applications beginning April 22, 2019
Deadline: Accepting Applications until Friday, May 10, 2019
- Save the nomination form below to your personal computer.
- Fill out and email the completed form to R1_EMAnomination@epa.gov