Federal EJ Strategies
Federal Agency EJ Strategies & Annual Implementation Progress Reports
Each Federal Agency on the EJ IWG has an Environmental Justice Strategy that describes a plan to integrate environmental justice into programs, policies, and activities. These strategies provide a roadmap to implement plans for setting measurable and achievable goals.
To track strategy accomplishments, each Federal Agency on the EJ IWG creates Annual Implementation Progress Reports. These reports provide major milestones accomplished for each fiscal year as well as facilitate agency assessment to continue to develop methods and mechanism to continue to strengthen environmental justice efforts.
Learn more about federal environmental justice activities by exploring Agency Environmental Justice Strategies and Annual Implementation Progress Reports. Below is a list of the EJ IWG member agencies and links to their environmental justice websites. For EPA's strategy and progress report, please refer to EJ 2020.
- Environmental Protection Agency (Chair)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Education (DofEd)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- White House Offices