Executive Order 13834 Regarding Efficient Federal Operations
Executive Order 13834 Regarding Efficient Federal Operations states that Federal agencies must prioritize reducing waste, cutting costs, enhancing the resiliency of Federal infrastructure and operations, and that these reductions should be tracked to ensure accountability. The Executive Order sets forth requirements that agencies have to meet to make the Federal Government’s operations more sustainable, and agencies have to show compliance by tracking and reporting their performance. By participating in the Federal Green Challenge, facilities are furthering the goals of the President’s Executive Order (EO) Regarding Efficient Federal Operations.
This page provides resources related to the Executive Order, to help with understanding and implementation.
EO 13834 Regarding Efficient Federal Operations
- The Executive Order on the Federal Register Website
- Federal Register Notice (PDF)(4 pp, 17 K, About PDF)
- The Executive Order on WhiteHouse.gov
EO 13834 Implementing Instructions
EO 13834- Other Resources
- White House's Council on Environmental Quality website Summarizes Executive Order 13834 and provides related resources
- Fact Sheet on the Executive Order on WhiteHouse.gov