Join the Federal Green Challenge
Why You Should Join the FGC
Most of the following links exit the site Exit
- Join the Federal Green Challenge to support green leadership and Executive Order 13693 compliance.
- Easy sign-up! Go to the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (Re-Trac Connect) to register. EPA representatives can provide you assistance with registration and throughout your participation in the program.
- Open enrollment-Federal facilities can join at any time.
- Demonstrate your innovative techniques for reducing your agency's environmental footprint.
- Gain recognition in competition for regional and national awards.
- Take advantage of EPA's technical assistance and resources to implement your initiatives.
- Join with other federal offices and facilities in your region.
Steps to Join the Federal Green Challenge!
- Register as a participant!
- Set Your Baseline and Goals!! Within 90 days of joining, establish a baseline in at least two of the six target areas (waste, electronics, purchasing, energy, water, and transportation) and set a goal of reducing your impact in those target areas by at least 5% over the next year. Baseline and goals are submitted through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (Re-Trac Connect). At least one of the two target areas chosen must be Waste, Electronics, or Purchasing.
- Work Towards Meeting Your Goals! Learn more about how to meet your goals by exploring this Federal Green Challenge website.
- Measure and Share Your Results Once Per Year. Fiscal year results are due January 31.
- Get recognized! The national award program collects self-nominations on January 31 through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System.