Join the Federal Green Challenge
Why You Should Join the FGC
Join the Federal Green Challenge to support green leadership and Executive Order 13834 compliance.
- Easy Sign-Up!
- Open Enrollment!
Federal facilities can join at any time.
- Demonstrate your innovative techniques for reducing your agency's environmental footprint.
- Gain recognition in competition for regional and national awards.
- Take advantage of EPA's technical assistance and resources to implement your initiatives.
- Join with other federal offices and facilities in your region.
Steps to Join the Federal Green Challenge
- Register as a participant through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (ReTRAC Connect).
EPA representatives can provide you assistance with registration and throughout your participation in the program.
- Set Your Baseline and Goals
Within 90 days of joining, establish a baseline in at least two of the six target areas (waste, electronics, purchasing, energy, water, and transportation) and set a goal of reducing your impact in those target areas by at least 5% over the next year. Baseline and goals are submitted through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (Re-TRAC Connect). At least one of the two target areas chosen must be Waste, Electronics, or Purchasing.