Join the Federal Green Challenge
We are grateful for the dedication of our Federal Green Challenge partners and their efforts to reduce and divert waste. EPA is planning to evolve our Sustainable Materials Management partnership programs to align with our new priorities. At this time, we are no longer accepting new Federal Green Challenge partners.
Why You Should Join the FGC
- Easy Sign-Up!
- Open Enrollment!
Federal facilities can join at any time.
- Demonstrate your innovative techniques for reducing your agency's environmental footprint.
- Gain recognition in competition for regional and national awards.
- Take advantage of EPA's technical assistance and resources to implement your initiatives.
- Join with other federal offices and facilities in your region.
Steps to Join the Federal Green Challenge
- Register as a participant through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (Re-TRAC Connect).
EPA representatives can provide you assistance with registration and throughout your participation in the program.
- Set Your Baseline and Goals
Within 90 days of joining, establish a baseline in at least two of the six target areas (waste, electronics, purchasing, energy, water, and transportation) and set a goal of reducing your impact in those target areas by at least 5% over the next year. Baseline and goals are submitted through the Federal Green Challenge Data Management System (Re-TRAC Connect). At least one of the two target areas chosen must be Waste, Electronics, or Purchasing.
- Work Towards Meeting Your Goals
Learn more about how to meet your goals by exploring this Federal Green Challenge website.
- Measure and Share Your Results Once Per Year, and Get Recognized