Flint Safe Drinking Water Task Force Members
The Task Force is comprised of scientists and technical experts from the EPA Region 5 office in Chicago, the National Risk Management Research Lab in Cincinnati and the EPA drinking water program. In addition, the Governor has designated a Michigan Department of Environmental Quality official and the Mayor of Flint has designated a city official to serve as points of contact for the Task Force.
- Bob Kaplan (Chair), Region 5 Acting Regional Administrator
- Miguel Del Toral, Region 5 Ground Water Drinking Water Branch Regulations Manager
- Darren Lytle, Office of Research and Development Scientist
- Michael Schock, Office of Research and Development Scientist
- Jeff Kempic, Office of Water Lead and Copper Rule Technical Lead
- Tim Henry, Region 5 Water Division Deputy Director
- Tom Poy, Region 5 Ground Water Drinking Water Branch Chief
Task Force members will be available to consult with MDEQ and the City of Flint on site in Flint. The Task Force will also coordinate as necessary with federal, state and local public health agencies to assist with protection of public health.
Specifically, the Task Force will provide technical assistance to the MDEQ and the City of Flint to reconnect the Flint system to a new source of drinking water (to be supplied by the Great Lakes Water Authority) and to optimize corrosion control for the Flint system, starting in October 2015. The Task Force will also provide technical assistance to the MDEQ and the City of Flint, as needed, in advance of and following connection of the Flint water system to a new source of drinking water (to be supplied by the Karegnondi Water Authority) and to optimize corrosion control for the Flint system, starting in 2016.
More about the Flint Drinking Water Response