In FY 2018, the program maintained its commitment to partnering with stakeholders to develop and implement innovative cleanup strategies as well as returning sites to productive and beneficial use. Region 4 achieved several nationally targeted major milestones, emphasizing the vitality and strength of the Superfund program and its mission. In this year’s report, you will learn more about our work:
- Integrating EPA’s FY 2018-2022 Strategic Plan.
- Furthering partnerships with our state counterparts and local governments in identifying sites for expedited cleanup activities.
- Stepping up efforts to return sites to productive use and deleting sites from the National Priorities List (NPL).
- Enhancing emergency response and preparedness efforts using innovative tools, comprehensive training sessions and rigorous exercises.
- Using best-available science practices and cutting-edge techniques in remedy decisions and cleanup efforts.
- Continuing implementation of Superfund Task Force priorities within the program.
- Protecting children’s health and executing educational programs.
- Applying the “enforcement first” approach, holding responsible parties accountable.