EO 14057: Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability
Signed December 8, 2021, Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability (pdf), requires agencies to:
- Achieve 100 percent carbon pollution-free electricity by 2030, including 50 percent on a 24/7 basis.
- Reach 100 percent zero-emission vehicle acquisition by 2035, including 100 percent light-duty acquisitions by 2027.
- Achieve net-zero building emissions by 2045, including a 50 percent reduction by 2032.
- Reduce Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 65 percent from 2008 levels by 2030.
- Establish targets to reduce energy and potable water use intensity by 2030.
- Reduce procurement emissions to net-zero by 2050.
- Have climate resilient infrastructure and operations.
- Develop a climate- and sustainability-focused workforce.
- Advance environmental justice and equity-focused operations.
- Accelerate progress through domestic and international partnerships.