Grenada Manufacturing, LLC, Facility Cleanup and Environmental Study in Grenada, MS
An environmental study is underway in and around Eastern Heights in Grenada, MS, to evaluate whether contamination may be traveling into the community from the former Grenada Manufacturing, LLC, facility (Facility, commonly known as Grenada Stamping and currently operated by Ice Industries) or any other sources. EPA became aware of the potential for trichloroethene (TCE) contamination while overseeing a cleanup of the Facility under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) program.
This study is part of a precautionary approach to protect public health and the environment. Based on results received to date, EPA has determined that there is no immediate threat to public health in the Eastern Heights neighborhood due to TCE.
EPA also directed that an air study be conducted inside the Facility’s main plant building. Elevated levels of TCE were detected in the Facility’s indoor air, as well as areas beneath the concrete floor. Based on results received to date for the Facility, EPA has directed Ice Industries to notify workers of the elevated TCE concentrations and implement immediate actions at the Facility to reduce worker exposure.
- Fact Sheet #13: Information for Workers at Grenada Stamping (January 2018)
- Fact Sheet #12: Information for Workers at Grenada Stamping (August 2017)
- Fact Sheet #11: Pilot Air Treatment Study at Grenada Stamping (July 2017)
- Fact Sheet #10: Information for Workers at Grenada Stamping (April 2017)
- Fact Sheet #9: Fall 2016 Sampling Results (April 2017)
- Fact Sheet #8: Information for Workers at Grenada Stamping (February 2017)
- Fact Sheet #7: Air Study at Grenada Stamping (January 2017)
- Fact Sheet #6: Fall 2016 Sampling Activities (September 2016)
- Fact Sheet #5: Spring 2016 Sampling Results (August 2016)
- Fact Sheet #4: Spring Sampling Activities (April 2016)
- Fact Sheet #3: Public Meeting (January 2016)
- Fact Sheet #2: Environmental Study Schedule (September 2015)
- Fact Sheet #1: Meet and Greet (September 2015)
- ATSDR Answers to Health Questions
- Information About Your Tap Water