EPA understands the importance of outreach to individual citizens, communities, tribes, state and federal partners, industry, trade associations, and environmental organizations.
Webinars on the Hydraulic Fracturing Study
- On June 5, 2015, EPA hosted a public webinar on the Draft Assessment of the Potential Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing for Oil and Gas on Drinking Water Resources.
- On March 30, 2015 EPA hosted a public webinar on its Analysis of FracFocus 1.0 Data.
- On January 28, 2014 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Technical Roundtable held on December 9, 2013.
On September 12, 2013 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Case Studies Technical Workshop.
- On July 16, 2013 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Well Construction/Operation and Subsurface Modeling Technical Workshop.
- On July 16, 2013 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Water Acquisition Modeling Technical Workshop.
- On May 20, 2013 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Wastewater Treatment and Related Modeling Technical Workshop held on April 18, 2013.
- On March 25, 2013 EPA hosted a public webinar on the Analytical Chemical Methods Technical Workshop held on February 25, 2013.
- Webinar on EPA's Hydraulic Fracturing Study Progress Report (January 2013)
- EPA Status Update (February 2012) (PDF)
- Presentation on the Final Plan to Study the Potential Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing on Drinking Water Resources (November 2011) (PDF)
- Overview of the Draft Plan to Study the Potential Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing on Drinking Water Resources
In fall 2012, EPA published a Federal Register Notice, establishing a docket where stakeholders could submit relevant data and scientific literature to ensure that EPA is up-to-date on evolving industry practices and technologies. The submission deadline was extended from April to November 2013, to provide the public with more of an opportunity to provide feedback to the Agency.
Meetings and Consultations
During summer 2010, EPA engaged stakeholders in a dialogue about the hydraulic fracturing study through facilitated meetings. EPA also consulted with experts in the field through peer review and technical workshops. Meeting materials and summaries from stakeholder events can be found below and are also available at Docket Number EPA-HQ-ORD-2010-0674.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Sector-Specific Meetings and State and Federal Partner Consultations
- States - May 27, 2010
- Federal - June 7, 2010
- Industry - June 21, 2010 with re-cast on June 30, 2010
- Environmental Organizations - June 23, 2010
- Information about the public meetings:
- Federal Register Notice (75 FR 35023; June 21, 2010) announcing the meetings
- Agendas for the meetings (PDF)
- EPA presentation (PDF)
- Meeting handouts:
- July 8, 2010, Fort Worth, Texas
- July 13, 2010, Denver, Colorado
- July 22, 2010, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
- September 13, 2010, Binghamton, New York
- September 15, 2010, Binghamton, New York
Tribal Government Consultations