Rule of Law and Process at EPA
EPA is refocusing on its basic statutory obligations and administering the nation’s environmental laws as Congress intended. By adhering to the rule of law and proper processes, EPA is ensuring consistency and certainty for the regulated community across the country.
EPA is committed to providing states and industry with a full and transparent understanding of the impact of proposed actions on human health, the environment, and the economy, and a clear path and timeline to achieve compliance. EPA is also enforcing existing laws in a timely manner and taking action against those that violate environmental laws.
"The rule of law matters. We will provide clarity and certainty to America’s businesses and landowners by administering and enforcing the nation’s environmental laws in line with EPA’s authority." – EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt
- Enforcing compliance with environmental laws
- Creating consistency and certainty for the regulated community to ensure good stewardship and positive environmental outcomes
- Streamlining and modernizing permitting and reporting issuance and systems
- Administrator Directive to End EPA "Sue and Settle"
- Enforcement Data and Results
- Compliance Assistance Centers
- Reforming EPA’s Grant Funding
- Increasing Diversity of EPA’s Science Boards
- EPA Administrator Pruitt: GHG Emissions Standards for Cars and Light Trucks Should Be Revised