EPA Transitions its Hazardous Waste Import/Export Notice Processing System
EPA is transitioning to a new system for processing hazardous waste export and import notices. Starting in October, EPA will no longer be accepting most notices in the existing Waste Import Export Tracking System (WIETS), and the new system will not be available until January 18th, 2022.
The environmentally sound management of hazardous waste helps protect human health and the environment.
Regulations for Specific Wastes
Initiatives and Special Projects
- Modernizing Ignitable Liquids Determinations
- Facilitating the Expedited Removal of Defective Airbags
- Increasing the Recycling of Aerosol Cans
- Tailored the Standards for Pharmaceutical Wastes
- Updated the Regulations for Generators
- Revised the Import-Export Regulations
- Leading the Electronic Manifest Initiative
The Cradle-to-Grave System
EPA's cradle-to-grave hazardous waste management system provides the critical foundation needed to keep America's land and people safe.
- A to Z Directory of Topics
- Trends from Biennial Reports in RCRAInfo Web
- Facility-Specific Information in Envirofacts
- Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO)
- Memos and Guidance in RCRAOnline