Webinar: Let's Clear the Air - Using Ventilation Practices to Promote Healthy IAQ in Schools
Recorded July 30, 2020
After you view the webinar, please complete the webinar evaluation to help us understand your indoor air quality (IAQ) knowledge and steps you want to take to assist your district with managing IAQ comprehensively. Once you submit the evaluation, you can download a certificate of completion for this webinar.
To receive your certificate:
- You will receive the evaluation link for this webinar via email (from email@example.com).
- Once you have completed and submitted your evaluation, you will have access to your completion certificate.
- If you have technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you download and review the IAQ Management Value Proposition Worksheet to start the process of developing your own business case and value proposition to communicate your district’s IAQ management plan and preventative maintenance goals.
Tracy Enger, Facilitator, Indoor Environments Division, U.S. EPA, Washington, DC
- Andrew Persily, Ph.D., Chief, Energy and Environment Division, Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Lisa Ng, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineer, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Group in the Energy and Environment Division, Engineering Laboratory, NIST
- Raj Setty, P.E., LEED AP, President of Setty, Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), ASHRAE Schools Technical Task Force
- Fred Remelius, Director of Operations, Upper Merion Area School District, PA
Participants will learn to:
- Operate and maintain efficient HVAC systems to provide clean and healthy air in schools.
- Apply findings from scientific research and guidance on ventilation to reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria through the air using comprehensive IAQ plans and practices.
- Put in place key strategies for quality HVAC, including developing a plan to regularly inspect and maintain HVAC systems, as well as provide outdoor air in accordance with ASHRAE standards.
- Gain buy-in from senior management and other stakeholders by successfully communicating how health and academic performance can be improved with a comprehensive IAQ management program, which includes providing optimal ventilation.