Does an Indoor airPLUS home need to have a garage ventilation fan?
Installing an exhaust fan in the garage is a good way to help reduce the potential for garage contaminants entering the home. Depending on the ventilation strategy in the home’s conditioned space, it may be a required component. For homes that utilize balanced or supply-only ventilation in the home, a garage fan is not required. For homes that utilize exhaust-only ventilation in the home (such as a timered bath fan), the Rater must perform a pressure test across the garage/house wall or a garage ventilation fan must be installed.
- Is Indoor airPLUS a green building program?
- How much will It cost to participate in Indoor airPLUS?
- How do I know if I am living in a home that has earned the Indoor airPLUS label?
- How is Indoor airPLUS related to the ENERGY STAR program?
- What resources are available to me on Indoor airPLUS?
- Does an Indoor airPLUS home need to have radon testing performed?