In September 2016, EPA and the UN Environment Programme signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at EPA headquarters in Washington, DC. The MOU identifies areas for strategic cooperation, including:
- strengthening environmental laws and national governance;
- creating healthy communities, particularly for children;
- facilitating the transition to a green economy;
- responding to global challenges such as climate change;
- and providing scientific leadership.
The first EPA-UNEP MOU was signed during the 26th Session of the UNEP Governing Council Meeting/Global Ministerial Environment Forum, Exit in Nairobi, Kenya, in 2011.
Learn more about our Role in the United Nations Environment Programme.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the United Nations Environment Programme (PDF)(6 pp, 1 MB, September 2016)