This page contains presentations from the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy workshop held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, during December 10-11, 2008. For a detailed summary of each presentation, view the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy Workshop Notes.
EPA Tools to Encourage Redevelopment/Reuse of Contaminated Lands was presented by Shahid Mahmud, Environmental Engineer, US EPA Office of Site Remediation and Technology Innovation. Sahid Mahmun discussed:
- reuse of contaminated properties,
- Superfund tools to encourage reuse,
- Ready for Reuse determinations, and
- Brownfields tools.
Brown to Green - New Mexico Environment Department was presented by Marcy Leavitt, Director, Water and Waste Management Division, New Mexico Environment Department. Marcy Leavitt discussed:
- New Mexico Environment Department programs,
- renewable energy development considerations, and
- the process for approval of renewable energy development projects.
New Mexico Environment Department: A few more things to keep in mind was presented by Tracy Hughes, General Counsel, New Mexico Environment Department. Tracy Hughes explored:
- Solid waste,
- Liquid waste,
- Stormwater, and
- Environmental Liability Renewable Energy Project.
State/Federal Regulatory Considerations was presented by Bill Merhege, Deputy State Director, US Bureau of Land Management.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.