Health and Safety Resources
The mission of EPA is to protect human health and the environment. To accomplish this, EPA tries to ensure that people have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks.
Back to Learn About Health and Safety.
- Children's Health
- Keeping Healthy and Safe
- Health Effects of Pollutants
- Notifications and Advisories
Children may suffer disproportionately from environmental health risks and safety risks. Learn about the risks and how to help protect children from them.
- Children's Health Protection
- Drinking Water in Schools and Child Care Facilities
- Healthy Child Care
- Healthy School Environments
- Lead-Free Kids Exit
- Sun Safety. Tips and tools for learning about sun safety, especially for kids.
- What You Can Do to Protect Children from Environmental Risks
- Burn Wise. Burn the right wood, the right way, in the right wood-burning appliance to protect your home, health, and air.
- Carbon Monoxide
- Citizen's Guide to Pest Control and Pesticide Safety
- Drinking Water Consumer Information
- Healthy, Sensible Food Practices
- UV Index
Learn about the health effects caused by pollutants in the environment around us.
- Air Now: Air quality and your health
- Healthy Heart: Protect your heart from air pollution
- Health Effects of Radiation
Make sure air and water quality conditions are safe for outdoor activities.