Partners in Restoring Milwaukee Estuary AOC
- Fish & Wildlife Technical Advisory Team
DNR convenes a technical advisory committee of 30 invited experts in area fish and wildlife and habitat restoration. This group works to identify projects necessary to address fish, wildlife and habitat related impairments.
The following links exit the site Exit
WDNR Office of the Great Lakes is responsible for the development of the remedial action plan. They produce updates and devise strategies to conduct assessments, identify management actions, remove BUI’s and eventually delist the AOC. They also implement and partner on the restoration and remedial projects in the Milwaukee Estuary AOC.
A community advisory committee has been re-established by stakeholders in the Milwaukee Estuary AOC. Through a facilitated process, a leadership team was recently formed and is working on organizing the group. The group’s purpose is to provide input on the Remedial Action planning, building public and community support to enact recommendations of the RAP, provide a forum for meaningful and appropriate resident and local stakeholder input into remediation and restoration efforts, and advise state and federal agencies on Milwaukee Estuary AOC remediation and restoration.
- City of Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County
- Ozaukee County
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Southeast Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Southeast Wisconsin Watersheds Trust (Sweet Water)
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper
- River Revitalization Foundation
- Milwaukee River Greenway
- Urban Ecology Center
- Harbor District Inc.
- Menomonee Valley Partners
- Alliance for the Great Lakes
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Business and Community Representatives