You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more.
- New Bedford Harbor & Aerovox Public Information Opportunities
- Public Meeting Information and Materials
- Community Updates on Site Activities
New Bedford Harbor & Aerovox Public Information Opportunities
EPA Opens Workgroup for Harbor Cleanup Project
This Technical Working Group is for interested members of the public and environmental groups, regarding the design, construction, and use of a Lower Harbor Confined Aquatic Disposal Cell (CAD cell) in New Bedford Harbor.
This project is part of the cleanup for the New Bedford Harbor Superfund Site and will permanently address about 300,000 cubic yards of sediment contaminated with PCBs. EPA made a decision to use the CAD cell in March 2011 after receiving public comments on this proposal.
This workgroup will allow EPA to share greater technical detail about the project with the public. Just recently, EPA issued a technical advisory grant to the Buzzards Bay Coalition to assist the surrounding communities' understanding of the issues regarding the use of the CAD cell and other cleanup projects for the harbor site.
Members of the workgroup will be asked to regularly attend the day time, working meetings, as well as review and provide comments on the project plans. Member input will be discussed and considered as the plans are further developed.
EPA holds regular opportunities to learn about the cleanups in the area. Check back for the latest or sign up for our e-mail alerts to stay informed!
We strive to ensure that meeting spaces are fully accessible. Translation services can be made available upon request. If you have any further questions or special needs, please contact ZaNetta Purnell U.S. EPA Toll Free 1-888-372-7341 ext. 8-1306
Public Meeting Information and Materials
- April 25, 2019 Meeting
- January 24, 2019 Meeting
- Agenda (PDF) (1 pg, 678 K)
- June 21, 2018 Meeting
- View more Public Meetings Information and Materials.
Community Updates of Site Activities
- Factsheet - Installation of Cover/Cap in Upper Harbor, June 2019 (PDF) (2 pp, 1.1 MB)
- October 2018 Community Update (PDF) (7 pp, 4.4 MB)
- May 2018 North Street Saltmarsh Community Update (PDF) (2 pp, 1.3 MB)
- View more Community Updates of Site Activities.