EPA Honors 2021 Energy Star Partners of the Year in Pennsylvania
PHILADELPHIA (April 13, 2021) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Mid-Atlantic Region and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring six 2021 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year in Pennsylvania for their outstanding leadership in reducing American energy bills and tackling climate change.
“ENERGY STAR award-winning partners are showing the world that delivering real climate solutions makes good business sense and promotes job growth,” said EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan. “Many of them have been doing it for years, inspiring all of us who are committed to tackling the climate crisis and leading the way to a clean energy economy.”
This year, ENERGY STAR is giving special recognition to award-winning partners for their year-over-year commitment to energy efficiency through the program’s highest honor: the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award. To qualify for Sustained Excellence recognition, winners must have already received ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for a minimum of two consecutive years and gone above and beyond the criteria needed to qualify for recognition.
For more than 25 years, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program has been America’s resource for saving energy and protecting the environment. In 2019 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped American families and businesses save nearly 500 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity and avoid $39 billion in energy costs. These savings resulted in emission reductions of nearly 390 million metric tons of greenhouse gases, roughly equivalent to 5% of U.S. total greenhouse gas emissions.
The 2021 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award winners in Pennsylvania are:
- Air King LLC America, West Chester, PA – This manufacturer of ventilation and open-air quality products offers the lowest cost ENERGY STAR certified exhaust fan on the market.
- Bimbo Bakeries, Horsham, PA – This baking company whose brands include Thomas’, Sara Lee, Entemanns, Arnold, and more achieved a 5% improvement in energy intensity over 2019.
- PECO Energy Company, Philadelphia, PA – This electric utility successfully leveraged the ENERGY STAR label and messaging to save customers energy and money.
- RICOH USA, Exton, PA – This information and digital services company played an integral role in facilitating the expansion of ENERGY STAR digital equipment criteria.
The 2021 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award winners in Pennsylvania are:
- Bradford White Corporation, Ambler, PA – A manufacturer of residential, commercial, and industrial products, including water and space heating as well as storage applications.
- PPL Electric Utilities, Allentown. PA – This electric utility leveraged ENERGY STAR messaging to increase certified heat pump water heater incentives by 89%.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Thousands of industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations—including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500®—rely on their partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped American families and businesses avoid more than $450 billion in energy costs and achieve 4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions. More background information about ENERGY STAR visit: https://www.energystar.gov/about and https://www.energystar.gov/about/origins_mission/energy_star_numbers.