Opportunity Zone Visit In Dauphin County, PA
Administrator Wheeler visits an Opportunity Zone in Dauphin County, PA.
Read more about the grants
Opportunity Zone Visit In Frankfort, KY
EPA was in Frankfort, KY, an Opportunity Zone, to help revitalize the community through access to healthy food.
Learn more about Local Foods, Local Places
Brownfields Grants for Opportunity Zones
EPA and the White House announced 149 communities across the nation were selected to receive over $64.6 million for Brownfields Multipurpose, Assessment, and Cleanup Grants.
Read the news release
EPA grants and other financing, technical assistance, tools, and publications can help communities ensure that new investment brings environmental and public health benefits, in addition to economic revitalization. Qualified Opportunity Zones are census tracts of low-income and distressed communities designated by state governors and certified by the Department of Treasury. These are areas where new investments, under certain conditions, may be eligible for preferential tax treatment.
- Community Revitalization Assistance
- Attracting Infill Development in Distressed Communities: 30 Strategies
- Framework for Creating a Smart Growth Economic Development Strategy
- Local Foods, Local Places Toolkit: A Guide to Help Communities Revitalize Using Local Food Systems
- How Small Towns and Cities Can Use Local Assets to Rebuild Their Economies
- Smart Growth and Economic Success: Strategies for Local Governments
- Brownfields Federal Programs Guide
- Land Revitalization Tools for Communities
- Cleanups in My Community