Scientific integrity outreach is key to implementing the Scientific Integrity Policy. In fiscal year (FY) 2016, outreach included presentations at regional offices and laboratories, development of outreach materials, participation in conferences and other events, and organization of stakeholder meetings. These outreach activities are detailed in this section.
Scientific integrity outreach is key to implementing the Scientific Integrity Policy. In FY 2016, the Scientific Integrity Official (ScIO) participated in a cumulative 48 trainings and presentations, reaching 2305 internal participants and 1410 external participants, for a combined total of 3715 people reached. Internally, the ScIO presented to the Regional Science and Technology (RS&T) Directors, Office of Air and Radiation (OAR) in Ann Arbor, Region 1, Region 2, Office of Research and Development (ORD) Managers, National Center for Environmental Assessment (NCEA), Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP), Office of Water (OW), and at the Annual Meeting on Scientific Integrity. Furthermore, the Scientific Integrity Program Lead administered 15 training workshops for 674 Region 4 employees and spoke at a Region 4 senior luncheon. The ScIO also gave presentations to 11 external audiences, including: the Science Advisory Board (SAB), Smith College, the Conference on World Affairs, the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and other external stakeholders.
The scientific integrity program also developed outreach materials to distribute across the Agency, including:
- Scientific Integrity: Best Practices for Designating Authorship (a booklet detailing authorship best practices)
- Best Practices for Designating Authorship: Essential Concepts (a tri-Fold detailing the most important of the authorship best practices)
- Best Practices for Designating Authorship Bookmarks
- Authorship Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Authorship FAQs for Managers
- Annual Report on Scientific Integrity – Fiscal Year 2015
- Internet Webpages on Scientific Integrity
- Intranet Webpages for Scientific Integrity
Meeting SummariesYou may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Stakeholder Meeting Summary (PDF)(3 pp, 151 K)
- Annual Employees' Conversation with the ScIO (PDF)(2 pp, 158 K)