The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) co-hosted a conference on Tick-Borne Disease Integrated Pest Management (IPM) on March 5-6, 2013, in Arlington, VA. This conference brought together representatives from numerous federal, state and local agencies, academia, and stakeholders to discuss the current state of IPM for the management of tick-borne diseases.
The objectives of the 2013 conference were to:
- Complete the Federal Initiative: Tick-Borne Disease Integrated Pest Management White Paper.
- Identify research strategies to support community IPM programs.
- Facilitate collaboration among federal partners to support research initiatives.
- Provide information on current tick IPM research.
This report provides discussions from each presenter.You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Report on Tick-Borne Disease and Integrated Pest Management Conference (PDF)(38 pp, 909 K, March 5-6, 2013)