The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) co-hosted a conference on Tick-Borne Disease Integrated Pest Management (IPM) on March 5-6, 2013, in Arlington, VA. This conference brought together representatives from numerous federal, state and local agencies, academia, and stakeholders to discuss the current state of IPM for the management of tick-borne diseases.
The objectives of the 2013 conference were to:
- Complete the Federal Initiative: Tick-Borne Disease Integrated Pest Management White Paper.
- Identify research strategies to support community IPM programs.
- Facilitate collaboration among federal partners to support research initiatives.
- Provide information on current tick IPM research.
This report provides discussions from each presenter.You may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Report on Tick-Borne Disease and Integrated Pest Management Conference (PDF)(38 pp, 909 K, March 5-6, 2013)