Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee: Public Health Working Group
On this page:
The next meeting of the PPDC's Public Health Workgroup will be scheduled shortly.
See the page linked below for the documents associated with this meeting (agenda and presentation materials).
The workgroup plans to develop recommendations to the PPDC to help the Office of Pesticide Programs to be able to respond more effectively during an emergency, particularly when it comes to interactions with other agencies and communication materials about pesticides.
At the May 3-4, 2017, PPDC meeting, the PPDC discussed and agreed to form a new workgroup to focus on public health issues. The workgroup will focus on one topic area and will not be overly broad in scope. The workgroup can work on any issue (examples include labeling, risk assessment, communications, ticks, mosquitoes, Zika, or any other public health area of concern). Read the memo on formation of the PPDC public health workgroup.
- Walter Alarcon, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jonathan Berger, BASF Corporation
- Diane Boesenberg, Reckitt Benckiser Group
- Elaine Black, EcoLab Incorporated
- Peter Connelly, AMVAC Chemical Corporation
- Kamal Chauhan, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service
- Jim Fredericks, National Pest Management Association
- Robyn C. Gilden, University of Maryland
- Dawn Gouge, University of Arizona
- Eric Hoffman, Armed Forces Pest Management Board
- Karen Larson, Clarke Mosquito Control Products
- David Jones, Lonza Group
- Kenneth McPherson, US Environmental Protection Agency, Region 6
- Claudia Riegel , City of New Orleans
- Julie Spagnoli, Industry Consultant
- Kurt Vandock, Bayer Environmental Science
- Mike Waldvogel, North Carolina State University
- Jennifer Wren, Georgia Department of Agriculture
EPA Workgroup Leadership
- Wynne Miller, Acting Deputy Director for Management, Office of Pesticide Programs - Lead
- Susan M. Jennings, Senior Advisor for Public Health, Office of Pesticide Programs - Co-Lead