“El Moscas” y Los Pesticidas is an interactive humorous play in Spanish designed to increase safety awareness for individuals who work in areas that are treated with pesticides and to broaden their understanding of the "take-home" risks they may be bringing to their families.
The script was written by a former migrant worker with input from federal, state and health agencies that share an interest in providing and communicating information about pesticide awareness to help fulfill EPA's mission of protecting human health and the environment. The dialogue goes beyond translation and is filled with expressions and words used by Hispanic farmworkers.
To make it easy for anyone to implement a pesticide awareness outreach effort using “El Moscas,” we have attached the script and samples of the material used in Texas, New Mexico and Washington State.
For More Information:
- Paula Flores-Gregg (firstname.lastname@example.org), (214) 665-8123
- Gerardo Acosta (email@example.com ), (214) 665-8042
Script and Other Materials for This PlayYou may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Script (PDF)(26 pp, 608 K)
- Fact Sheet (PDF)(1 pg, 1 MB)
- Topics & Messages (PDF)(3 pp, 47 K)
- Safety Tips Handout - English & Spanish (PDF)(2 pp, 5 MB)
- Advertising Card (PDF)(2 pp, 2 MB)
- Advertising Poster (PDF)(1 pg, 2 MB)
- Designing the Costumes (PDF)(5 pp, 1 MB)
- Prop List (PDF)(1 pg, 20 K)
- Presentation (PDF)(26 pp, 3 MB)