EPA’s PFAS Action Plan outlines concrete steps the agency is taking to address PFAS and to protect public health.
EPA’s Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Action Plan:
- Demonstrates the agency’s critical national leadership by providing both short-term solutions and long-term strategies to address this important issue.
- Provides a multi-media, multi-program, national research, and risk communication plan to address this emerging environmental challenge.
- Responds to the extensive public input the agency has received over the past year during the PFAS National Leadership Summit, multiple community engagements, and through the public docket.
EPA is taking a proactive, cross-agency approach to addressing PFAS. The key actions EPA is taking to help provide the necessary tools to assist states, tribes, and communities in addressing PFAS are summarized in the fact sheet below.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- PFAS Action Plan: Program Update February 2020 (PDF)(20 pp, 7 MB, February 2020)
- EPA’s Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Action Plan (PDF)(72 pp, 2 MB, February 14, 2019, EPA 823R18004)
Fact Sheet: EPA’s Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Action Plan (PDF)(1 pg, 274 K,
Note: Print on legal size paper