What other organizations are involved with radiation protection in the U.S.?
Many federal, state, local, industry, and non-governmental organizations play a role in radiation protection. Some (but not all) of these include:
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Council on Radiation Protection & Measurements (NCRP)
- State radiation protection programs
For more information about how other federal agencies regulate radiation sources, visit Radiation Resources Outside of EPA.
Return to Frequent Questions about Radiation Protection.