National Radon Action Month: Media Resources and Graphics
Click the tabs below for more resources for National Radon Action Month.
Media Resources for Partners and Stakeholders
EPA’s media campaigns for TV, radio and print for use by our partners, stakeholders, collaborators and advocates.
Learn more about how to view, listen to, and order radon Public Service Announcements below:
- Living Healthy & Green
- Green Sox
- Eddie's Story: Test. Fix. Save a Life
- Build Green: It's Easy to Build New Homes Radon-Resistant
- Dr. Oz Discusses: The #1 Cancer Risk at Home
- Tools and Resources for Radon Media Campaigns
Living Healthy & Green
We want Americans to know that a big part of “living green” is breathing clean, healthy indoor air. One of the best ways to protect our families’ health is to get radon gas out of our homes. It is the environmentally responsible choice that can help reduce lung cancer.
Since radon enters homes from under the ground, living healthy and green starts from the ground up. By kicking radon out of homes every family can have safer, healthier air to breathe.
EPA developed Living Healthy & Green to educate the public about how easy it can be to kick radon out. The campaign features former NFL kicker Fuad Reveiz, now a home builder who uses radon-resistant construction and encourages others to do the same.
The campaign features TV and seven unique music genres for radio stations and MP3 players. The entire campaign is available in multiple media formats and sizes, in both English and Spanish.
- 30 and 60 second TV Spots in English and Spanish
- 60 second Radio Spots tailored for different music genre
- Print Ads for Newspapers and Magazines
- Pipe Stickers
- A Holiday eCard
- Web Banners
Eddie's Story: Test. Fix. Save a Life
In Eddie's Story, the winner of EPA's 2008 "Test, Fix, Save a Life" video contest, lung cancer survivor Eddie Metcalfe shares his personal story - a powerful call to action for every American home to be tested for radon. Share with your friends, and please have your home tested.
- Get the video in various media forms, get Web banners and a print ad. For Eddie's Story, you can also get a Postcard, Promotional Information (with a read me file) and a 3-Fold Card. All elements can be viewed and ordered on line at Radon PSAs - Eddie's Story Exit
Build Green: It's Easy to Build New Homes Radon-Resistant
"...The good news is you can build your customers a safer, healthier, radon-resistant home. The techniques to prevent radon from entering a home are practical and straightforward for any builder. It’s an inexpensive way to offer families a benefit that could reduce their risk of lung cancer. And it’s a smart way to build trust between you and your customer."
Fuad Reveiz, Member of the National Association of Home Builders
- Trade and Consumer Magazine Ads as well as Radio Ads are available:
Dr. Oz Discusses: The #1 Cancer Risk at Home
For informational purposes only, check out a “discussion about Radon in Homes,” on the Dr. Oz show (aired February 10, 2011). Available on the National Center for Healthy Housing’s website. Exit
Tools and Resources for Radon Media Campaigns
The following links exit the site Exit
- Consumer Education: What is Radon?
- Surgeon General's Warning
- Emmy Award® Winning Radon PSA: The Man on the Street
- People on the Street
- Take the National Radon Test
- Rooftops, Live Radio Kit
Download updated and new National Radon Action Month graphics to use for your print materials or website. To download an image, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As..."
Seasonal and Customized National Radon Action Month Graphics National Radon Action Month graphics and templates have been revised to incorporate Fall and Winter seasonal images that may resonate with your community. Right-click on the "Fall/Winter Images" links below to download these updated graphics.
Please note: partners who would like to provide their own photos/images to incorporate into graphics must own the usage rights for these photos.