Burning of Hazardous Waste in Boilers and Industrial Furnaces: 40 CFR Parts 260, 261, 264, 265, 266, 270, and 271 - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991
EPA is today finalizing treatment standards under the land disposal restrictions (LDR) program for a subcategory of the hazardous waste K061 (electric arc furnace dust) treatability group, namely nonwastewaters that contain equal to or greater than 15 percent total zinc (i.e., high zinc subcategory), determined at the point of initial generation. These treatment standards are based on the performance of high temperature metals recovery (HTMR) processes; specifically, the standards are based on analysis of slags from these processes. The Agency is also finalizing a generic exclusion from the derived-from rule for HTMR nonwastewater slag residues generated from processing K061, provided that these slag residues meet designated concentration levels, are disposed of in subtitle D units, and exhibit no characteristics of hazardous waste. Furthermore, today's rule finalizes a conditional exclusion from classification as a solid waste for K061 HTMR splash condenser dross residue.
- File A: Corrections for Part 261 through Part 270. Technical Amendments to Part 261 through 22.214.171.124 of Appendix IX to Part 266 - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991 (pdf)
- File B: Technical Amendments of Appendix IX to Part 266, Section 3.3 to Section 4.0. - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991 (pdf)
- File C: Technical Amendments of Appendix IX to Part 266, Section 4.0 through Appendix A.3 to Appendix IX to Part 266 - Statistics - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991 (pdf)
- File D: Technical Amendments; Guideline on Air Quality Models (Revised) of Appendix X to Part 266, through Appendix A.REF to Appendix X of Part 266 - Summaries of Preferred Air Quality Models. - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991 (pdf)
- File E: Technical Amendments; Summaries of Alternative Air Quality Models of Appendix B to Appendix X to Part 266 through Appendix C to Appendix X to Part 266, Example Air Quality Analysis Checklist. - Federal Register Notice, July 17, 1991 (pdf)