In July 2016, the Evaluation of the RE-Powering America’s Land Initiative Report was completed. Links both to a summarizing fact sheet and the full report are below. The report is organized into four chapters:
- Chapter 1 presents an introduction
- Chapter 2 presents the methodology for conducting the evaluation
- Chapter 3 provides findings for each evaluation question
- Chapter 4 provides summary conclusions and opportunities for improvement, based on the findings
- Appendices present the evaluation’s interview guides, a literature review, and a summary of solar and wind cost components.
The evaluation has benefitted from interviews with a host of stakeholders. Efforts to continue to reach out to stakeholders in a variety of ways will be ongoing, in order to help ensure that activities aimed to effectively encourage renewable energy on contaminated lands, landfills and mine sites are meaningful.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.