The goal of the Region 8 Air Program is to keep the air clean across the Rocky Mountains and High Plains. Through implementation and oversight of the Clean Air Act, Region 8 ensures that six states and 27 tribes throughout the West have healthy air to breathe. It is an ongoing challenge, but we strive to protect the air in our cities and towns, wilderness areas and tribal lands.
Region 8 Air Hot Topics
- Ross In-Situ Recovery Uranium Project Construction Approval
- Deseret Bonanza Power Plant Final Title V Permit to Operate
- Deseret Bonanza Power Plant Proposed Minor NSR Permit
- EPA's Final Action on Colorado's Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on Montana Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on North Dakota's Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on South Dakota's Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on Utah's 309 (SO2) Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on Utah's 309 (SO2, NOx and PM) BART and BART Alternative Regional Haze SIP
- EPA’s Proposed Action on Utah’s BART Alternative Regional Haze SIP
- EPA's Final Action on Wyoming's 309(S02) Regional Haze Plan
- EPA's Final Action on Wyoming’s 309(G)(NOx & PM) Regional Haze Plan
- Federal Implementation Plan for Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, North Dakota
- CAA 112(r)(7) Risk Management Plan Training for Agricultural Ammonia facilities with Anhydrous Ammonia
- Idle Free Schools Toolkit
- Pinon Ridge Uranium Mill Construction Approval
- Whirlwind Uranium Mine Construction Approval
- Rocky Mountain Clean Diesel Collaborative
- Denver's Ozone Concentrations
- Utah's Ozone Concentrations
- Cross-State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR); Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Lost Creek In Situ Recovery Uranium Project Construction Approval
Monitoring locations, air pollutants monitored, quality assurance practices, monitoring methods, and air toxics monitoring program.
Provide technical support to Region 8 States, Tribes and local agencies to assist them in implementing air toxics regulations addressing air toxics issues and establishing capacity to implement a risk based air toxics program.
Permits for construction of new and modified facilities (PSD, Nonattainment NSR, and Minor NSR permits) and permits for operation of existing major sources (title V permits).
Delegations of Authority
Part 60, 61 and 63 delegation status of New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant (NESHAP) standards to States and Tribes.
Indoor Air Quality
Extensive information on indoor air quality and radiation issues.
State Implementation Plans
Information on all types of standards, rules, regulations and state implementation plans.