Agriculture Sectors: Crop (NAICS 111) and Animal (NAICS 112)
The Agriculture sectors comprise establishments primarily engaged in growing crops, raising animals, and harvesting fish and other animals from a farm, ranch, or their natural habitats. Additional regulatory information may also be available from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Laws and Regulations: for Air, General, Pesticides, Water
- Compliance Monitoring and Assistance
- Policies and Guidance
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Laws and Regulations by Farm Activity
- Laws and Regulations by Statute
- Pasture, Rangeland, and Grazing Operations - Laws, Regulations, Policies, and Guidance
- Regulating Pesticides: Laws & Regulations
- Restricted and Canceled Uses
- Requirements for Pesticide Storage
- Requirements for Pesticide Disposal
- Worker Protection Standard (WPS) e-CFR section
- Pesticide Tolerances
- Effluent Guidelines: Aquatic Animal Production Industry
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES): Animal Feeding Operations (AFOs): information about agricultural activities regulated by wastewater permits.
- Agriculture Sector Compliance Assistance
- Boiler Compliance at Area Sources
- Combustion Portal: compliance assistance center.
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) Compliance Monitoring
Additional federal and state regulations not listed here may apply. Find your state environmental agency.
Related Technical Information
- AP 42: Chapter 9: Food and Agricultural Industries: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories
AgSTAR: promotes the recovery and use of methane from animal manure.