On October 13, 2010, EPA determined that, subject to compliance with all of the conditions listed in the waiver decision, a gasoline produced with greater than E10 and no more than E15 will not cause or contribute to a failure of certain motor vehicles to achieve compliance with the emission standards to which they have been certified over their useful lives. Therefore, EPA partially and conditionally granted the waiver request application submitted by Growth Energy for its gasoline-ethanol blend with no more than 15 vol% ethanol.
- Fact Sheet: EPA Decision on Texas Request for Waiver for Portion of Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) (PDF)(3 pp, 153 K, August 2008, EPA-420-F-08-029)
- Notice of Response to Request (PDF) (17 pp, 223 K, published August 13, 2008)
- Notice of Receipt of Request (PDF) (3 pp, 149 K, published May 22, 2008)
- Press Release (July 22, 2008) announcing that EPA needed additional time to respond to the request
- Letter to EPA Administrator Johnson from Governor Perry (PDF)(3 pp, 138 K, April 2008)